What is the contest about?
Send us a picture of the sky where you are currently spending your summer – using the hackAIR app. You’ll get a quick estimate of the air quality at your location – and the best pictures will win a hackAIR air quality sensor!
In your picture, we want to see what air quality means to you: be it good, bad or ugly, close to your home or far away. Where do you encounter good air quality? Where is it bad? Remember to always include a portion of the (cloudless) sky – so that we can give you an air quality estimate.
We are really excited to see your contributions!
Participating is super easy
Here is what you need to do:
- If you haven’t downloaded the hackAIR app yet, do that right away here.
- Find the right spot and timing for your photo!
- Remember not to take pictures close to sunrise or sunset (as this makes it challenging for the platform to analyze your photo).
- Here is more information about the sky photo feature of the hackAIR app
- Every sky photo submitted through the hackAIR app between now and the end of August will enter the contest.
- You can upload as many photos as you wish.
- A jury of hackAIR partners will decide on the winning photos in early September.
- You will receive an email when you are one of the lucky winners!
- You are giving hackAIR the right to publish your uploaded photos through the hackAIR website and hackAIR social media and newsletter.
- We will publish the winning sky photos in our September newsletter.