This package contains all materials for your hackAIR home v2 sensor – soldered, assembled and programmed. You will need to add a case (for inspiration see here) and find a location to hang it within reach of your WiFi network and power cables (balconies work great).
Once connected, the sensor automatically measures air quality in your neighbourhood (PM10 and PM2.5) and uploads the measurements to the hackAIR platform, so that you can see your measurements in context. You can also easily download your measurements over time.
What you get
- Air quality sensor: Nova PM SDS011
- Microcontroller (Wemos D1 mini) with attached temperature and humidity sensor (DHT22)
These come connected with all necessary jumper wires and a plastic tube to draw in air. We have also pre-programmed the microcontroller so that you don’t need to worry about code.
What you still need to do
- Construct a simple case to protect your sensor from the elements (e.g. from an empty plastic bottle)
- Register your sensor at hackair.eu and connect it to your WiFi network
- Find a suitable location to hang the sensor and power it up (with a micro-USB cable)